I suffer from night sweats, or could possibly be that my husband turns the A/C up at night so I get SO hot. I’m always looking for something that can cool me down throughout the night and I have found it in the Polar Pillow.
I’ve had to put 2 pillow cases on it because it does get pretty cold. But it feels SO nice.
I have a problem keeping it in my room, my kids keep trying to steal it.
How PolarPillow works:
- PolarPillow’s endothermic gel technology uses the coolness of ambient room temperature to dissipate body heat.
- PolarPillow requires no set-up, maintenance, electricity, batteries, refrigeration, chemicals or water.
- You’ll notice that the PolarPillow is heavier than a normal pillow due to the weight of the liquid gel that keeps it cool. In order to maintain maximum coolness we added the most gel possible, which allows the PolarPillow to stand out from the competition. The weight is secondary to the pillow’s purpose and luckily you will never have to move or flip the pillow to find a cool spot anyway!
- The current iteration of PolarPillow is a mode ideally suited for side sleepers (we are now working on a prototype customized for back sleepers)
The PolarPillow is pretty heavy but it doesn’t slide all over the place, that’s a good thing about it. I love the fact that when I move at night from one side to the other it’s cool wherever I lay my head down and it stays that way throughout the night. Pretty nifty!
- Place the PolarPillow in a standard pillowcase just like a regular pillow.
- Make sure the blue/cool side faces up and the white side faces down.
- Lay your head on the PolarPillow and you will start to feel coolness in 10 seconds!
- When not in use, avoid placing other pillows on top of the PolarPillow to allow for maximum air exposure so the pillow can re-energize itself.
What are the benefits of cool sleep?
Your circadian clock keeps your body at its warmest during the day for high-level functioning and its coolest during the night for dozing off. Researchers from the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine reported that a primary cause of insomnia is hyperactivity in the brain’s frontal lobes at night. This activity increases the brain’s temperature making it difficult to fall asleep. Cooling your head at night can help slow down this activity and allow your brain to rest. Falling asleep may simply be a matter of cooling off. Read the full article in TIME.
I think most people will LOVE the PolarPillow, it does the job at keeping you cool and works awesome. The only problem I’ve had is how heavy it is so you can’t really move it unless you put a little force into it, but I guess that is also a good thing since it won’t slide on you. But it has to be a little heavy to handle the gel inside.
The PolarPillow is $99, but you can have a chance to win one on Barefoot Mommies!
OR if you prefer Anyone who buys a pillow the week after our giveaway can use the promo code: BAREFOOTMOMMIES and receive 10% off!
This is AFTER the giveaway is over!
+1 if you follow Barefoot Mommies on Google+.
+1 Google+1 this post (Located at the top of the post by the “tweet” button.
+1 if you subscribe to Barefoot Mommies via reader.
+2 if you subscribe to Barefoot Mommies via email. (Make sure you verify your subscription!)
+1 DAILY for each tweet using the Tweet Button below. (Please include link in your comment.)
+2 – Add Barefoot Mommies button to your sidebar on your blog.
” Win a @PolarPillow $99 value! – #Giveaway! http://bit.ly/qTuoer via @BarefootMomma”
(Can be done DAILY for 1 extra entry. Leave comment & tweet link!)
Don’t forget to enter to win the $500 CASH PRIZE from Barefoot Mommies & The Wic Project – Sponsored by Save and Make Moola!
Contest Ends: August 1st @ 11:59 pm CST
Open to: to US
Disclaimer: My review is an honest opinion based on my own experience, and is not reviewed or edited by PolarPillow.