Wednesday, February 27th, 2013 by Krissy Leave a Comment »
I have always wanted a label maker but never actually purchased one on my own before. There are so many different things you can do with a label maker, they're really cool and neat to have! Needless to say I was super excited when I was given the chance to review an Epson LabelWorks LW-400. I am already a huge fan of Epson's with their printers, I knew the LabelWorks LW-400 would work awesome for everything I need it for.
It's pretty easy to learn and use. You can get different color tape for it, however, right now I am just using white. The adhesive is great, nice and sticky. I actually put one on my laptop and it's been there for a couple months now without coming off and it's at the bottom so my arm is always touching it.
I have labeled everything, from file folders, storage containers, kids folders, food storage...and SO much more. I love it. It's a little on the heavy side, but who's going to sit and hold it non stop? So that really isn't an issue for me. It prints out nice and clear as you can see and it has a cutter inside to cut off the tape when it's done printing.
Here's some specs on it;
- Ideal for your labeling needs — prints labels up to ~¾" (18 mm) wide
- Backlit display — type and print labels in low lighting conditions
- Amazing variety — 14 fonts, 10 styles, 300+ built-in symbols, over 75 frames, bar codes and more
- Less waste — smaller lead margin compared to other brands, for up to 60% less lead margin waste
- Large built-in memory — store up to 50 self-created label designs
- Prints up to four lines of text — more space for you to add specialty frames or symbols to enhance your design
- Specialty print modes — a variety of flag, tab and wrap style labels — ideal for cables, wiring and more
- Easy to apply — automatically printed with a split back for easy and fast peeling
- Asset tagging — easily print barcodes for products and merchandise
- Whisper quiet — prints labels without distracting those around you
- Supports seven languages — set to the language of your choice
- Specialty labels — double-sided tab tapes, glow-in-the-dark, reflective, metallic, strong adhesive, fluorescent and decorative tapes for everyday use in the home or office
- Easy-to-use safety symbols and frames — perfect for labeling hazardous materials; use the glow-in-the-dark tape to help light the way in the dark
All in all, I think the Epson LabelWorks LW-400 is wonderful! I have used it tons of times and I will continue to use it. MSRP is about $49.99 but I know if you did some searches you can find a really good deal on them. Also, it does come with some tape, but when you need to buy more that's roughly $20, again...You can probably find a good deal on that as well. But I will tell you, it's worth it! I absolutely love mine!
You can purchase it on Amazon, Epson and many other retailers.